Indoor soccer, played with an indoor futsal ball.
Formerly known as futbolito, summer/winter turf is played indoors where players will receive lots of touches on the ball, with games being fast, fun and high scoring. Games are 5v5, with every team having 4 ﬁeld players and a goalie. The goals are full-size futsal goals for all age groups, to allow for even more scoring.
2022 Program Details
- Format/Sessions: 5v5 style of 6-7 games on Saturdays & Sundays. Season ends with a knockout style tournament. Registration comes with a Game Shirt & Award.
- Dates: July 16-17, 23-24, 30-31, & Aug. 6-7
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many players for each team roster? Maximum of 9 players per team
- How long are the games? Every half is 22 mins (instead of just 20 mins) with a total of 44 mins of playing time per game. There is also a 5 min half time
- What do I get for registering? The registration covers 6 games, plus a tournament at the end of the season. Top two teams in every age bracket get medals. In addition, every player gets a premium 2 color double-sided vest.
- When is the Summer/Winter Turf season, and what days are games played? Games are played on Saturdays and Sundays. Every team is guaranteed 6 games + a tournament/playoff at the end
- Summer Season: July-August
- Winter Season: January-March
- If I coach, do I get a discount? Coaches get one kid’s registration waived for every team they coach (as long as the team has at least 7 players). We need coaches. Do consider volunteering. Your help makes a big diﬀerence to the kids you coach.
- How are teams formed? For our U7 to U10 age groups, we form teams based on coach and player requests. And for our U11 to U15 age groups, we have a draft.
- Are competitive players allowed to play? Competitive players are more than welcome! We typically have Co-Ed Comp Age Groups: U11-U12, U12-U13, and U14-U15. Competitive players will be drafted into well-balanced teams, to create an fair, fun playing ﬁeld.
- Where are games played? Each Futbolito season, Newark FC must negotiate the use of public school facilities in Newark and Fremont to host their Futbolito Season. As a result, the gymnasium locations are subject to change. We’ve used the following facilities in the past: Walters Junior High, Centerville Junior High, Mattos Elementary, and Mel Nunes Turf Field.
- Will Summer / Winter Turf be fun for my young players? Great question! Don’t take our word for it, check out the great Thierry Henry: